You Love Yoga AND...
You're ready to serve in a deeper way.
- You are looking to make even more of an impact in your teaching - one that leads to true transformation for your clients.
- You also want to make more money but can’t possibly fit another class into your busy schedule. You’re tired from racing from studio to studio.
- You are wondering how you can continue to grow and make a sustainable way of life out of the work that you love.
Deep down, you know your yoga career cannot grow on love, light and happy vibes alone.
You deserve to make a living doing work that you love.
What If you could continue to share your gifts of yoga and...
Work from anywhere and create a schedule that works for you.
Make additional income without adding more classes to your schedule.
Leverage the skills you already have and integrate your yoga teaching into a more fulfilling career.
Facilitate deeper transformation and change for your current and future yoga clients.
We see you...
As a yoga teacher, you have cultivated the essential qualities of wisdom, presence, intuition and initiative. Bridging coaching into your yoga business will provide a new way to tap into your ability to bring self-awareness, personal growth and development to others.
It will also make you more money, give you back your time and boost your career.
That is why you're ready for
Coaching Skills for Yoga Teachers and Yogis™
Our next 4 Week online class starts on October 17, 2018
The revolutionary online group TRAINING will give you the skills you need to ...
- Attract more clients as a yoga coach
- Build confidence with the Compassionate Coaching Framework™
- Lead effective and powerful coaching sessions
- Ask the right questions to facilitate change within your students
- Communicate the synergy between your teaching brand and coaching brand
SO THAT YOU CAN...
- Expand your yoga business by adding a new service to clients
- Open an additional income stream
- Live a more flexible life
- Provide a transformative experience to your clients from a new perspective
- Elevate your influence as a yoga professional
We're Yoga Coaches too...
Talking Yoga Coaching was designed by yogis, for yogis. The course is delivered by our masterful coaches who are certified yoga teachers and coaches. Our approach integrates a proven coaching methodology (which we have been practicing for over two decades) with yoga wisdom to enhance your yoga business and give you the freedom and flexibility to enhance the work you love.
Like you, we love and live yoga. We honor your commitment to this path of self-knowledge, service and kindness.
Coaching Skills for Yoga Teachers and Yogis™ ONLINE COURSE INCLUDES...
- Six-hours of live group coaching with Laurel Donnellan and Laura Berland ($1195 Value)
- Talking Yoga Coaching Manual ($200 Value)
- Structured peer to peer practice sessions between classes
- Private Facebook group community to connect to your fellow soulful students and to be accountable
- 30-minute one-to-one session with your Master Coach to ensure momentum ($175 Value)
- Inside the Session - two exclusive audios of your Master Coach conducting 30-minute coaching conversations
- Video of each session posted after class in case you miss the live program or want to review again ($125 Value)
- Your coaching and business questions answered between sessions
- Bonus tips, tricks and coaching resources ($100 Value)
- Talking Yoga Top 25 Skillful Questions ($100 Value)
- Lifetime access to reference library ($125 Value)
Total value of program = $2045
"“The “Coaching Skills for Yoga Teachers and Yogis” program was extremely accessible. The structured format continues to make it easy for me to approach a coaching session with confidence and seamlessly blend yoga and coaching in a dynamic and beneficial way. The program is a fantastic investment of time and money - I highly recommend it!" - Kelly D.
"'Coaching Skills for Yoga Teachers and Yogis' helped me to continue on a path of personal and professional growth. After my 200-Hour Teacher Training, I was eager to continue on the path of spiritual growth and focus my energy on effectively carrying out a career teaching yoga - without the risk of burnout.
The program helped me to identify what to work on to continue on an upward trajectory in my life’s work as a yoga teacher." - Caroline M
"Laurel and Laura create a warm and safe atmosphere in the group. Overall I had a great experience: I felt inspired, acquired new tools, and practiced new skills I used to develop both professionally and personally." - Aurelia C
“This program shines a bright light on what it means to educate yoga teachers on the things that are often overlooked during a yoga teacher training.
This was a great resource to me along my journey of defining and refining my personal and professional goals." - Martel C
FOUR-WEEK Online COURSE CURRICULUM
- Talking Yoga Coaching and the Eight Limbs of Yoga
- What is professional coaching? What is compassionate coaching?
- How are coaching and yoga similar/different?
- What does it take to be a masterful professional coach?
- One-to-one coaching demonstration and practice: Objective Setting
- Compassionate Coaching Framework Overview
- Creating a foundation of Love, Gratitude, Intuition and Discernment
- How to prepare for a great coaching session
- One-to-one coaching guidelines
- One-to-one coaching demonstration and practice: The Past
- Providing Support, Stillness, Structure, and Skillful Questions
- Developing attributes for your personal coaching brand
- How to create authentic program offerings
- Group coaching guidelines
- Group coaching demonstration: The Present
- How to incorporate breath, movement and meditation into coaching
- How to develop clarity and confidence for launching a practice
- Group coaching demonstration and practice: The Future
- Final project presentation & feedback
- Next steps for developing mastery as a compassionate coach
Our next online class starts on Tuesday October 17, 2018
Do you need additional hours of training to keep your Yoga Alliance accreditation current?
This course is approved for 12 Hours of Yoga Alliance Continuing Education credit.
Talking Yoga’s Coaching Skills for Yoga Teachers and Yogis™ will be presented at the upcoming International Association of Yoga Therapists Conference in Summer 2018.
Our programs are delivered by masterful coaches who all are certified yoga teachers and coaches. Our approach weaves movement and meditation into personalized sessions. Talking Yoga Coaches will guide you to access and unleash your inner truth, so you can overcome challenges and embody clarity, confidence, and commitment.
Laurel Donnellan, Co-Founder of Talking Yoga, is an author, coach and consultant helping people align the head and the heart for over 20 years. She leads clients through a process to solve complex personal and professional problems by creating a positive mindset, expanding their vision and developing strategic solutions. Laurel’s approach to transformation is informed by Yoga, Positive Psychology and a broad study of spiritual paths including Native American ceremonies. She embraced Yoga and Meditation 25 years ago to support her personal commitment to overcoming addictions.
Laurel is the co-author of Talking Yoga’s Compassionate Coaching Framework which merges the best practices of coaching with yoga techniques. Her workshops have been featured on NPR and she has written several books including Born to Do: The Practical Guide to Loving Your Work. Before joining Talking Yoga as Co-Founder, she was the CEO of Bright Livelihoods where she developed its evidence-based coach certification program and leadership training. Previously, she was the HR executive on a start-up team that built and sold a company for $150 million. Laurel has been helping people of all ages reconnect with their dreams. Her clients have included EDs, CEOs, yoga teachers, coaches, entrepreneurs, artists, and executives at MTV Networks, Facebook, JP Morgan Chase, IBM and Leo Burnett.
Areas of Expertise
Leadership Development and Resilience, Coaching and Training Coaches, Finding a Calling/Career Transitions, Time/Energy Management, Work/Life Balance and Wellness Practices, Addiction Recovery, Spirituality
Cornell University, B.S. Hotel Administration
Columbia University, M.A. Organizational Psychology
Hudson Institute, Certification, Life and Organizational Coaching
Nosara Yoga Institute, Certified YogaTeacher Training
New York University, Adjunct Faculty
Guest Faculty at University of Denver, Cornell University, Fordham University and The Omega Institute
Laura Berland, Founder of Talking Yoga, is a Yoga Therapist and Coach who works with yoga teachers, practitioners, and heart-centered entrepreneurs to accelerate health, healing, growth, and transformation. As an antidote to the chaos of an “always-on” digital career, personal trauma, and disconnection from Self and Nature, Laura sought out peace in a daily yoga and meditation practice. By 2003, she was sharing the teachings of this remarkable methodology, traded concrete for green living, and heeded a deep calling to serve. She continues to be a devoted student, teacher and teacher of teachers.
Laura helps clients find their own path to purpose and service. She is the co-author of the Talking Yoga’s Compassionate Coaching Framework which integrates evidence-based coaching practices with yogic wisdom and philosophy. In addition, she has interviewed over 50 master teachers to preserve and share their experiences and insight in service to the community.
Outside the Yoga Room, Laura is also the CMO of StarTalk with Neil deGrasse Tyson, a science media network of chart-topping podcasts and the Emmy nominated TV show on NatGeo. Laura has been mentoring women in digital technology for over 35 years, and served in leadership roles at CompuServe, MCI, NewsCorp, Showtime, and IDC. She was a pioneer in the early days of the Internet, founding of one of the first digital media agencies, and co-founding the non-profit Women in New Media.
Areas of Expertise
Healthy Entrepreneurship, Growing Business in the Digital Age, Life Balance and Alignment, Leadership Development, Yoga Teaching and Yoga Business, Positive Relationships, Happy Life after Divorce, Building Wellness Habits/Practices
Cornell University, B.S., Business and Communications
New York University, MPS, Interactive Telecommunications
International Association Yoga Therapists, C-IAYT, Certified Yoga Therapist
Yoga Alliance, E-RYT 500 Registered Yoga Instructor
The Hard & The Soft Yoga Institute, Senior Faculty
Yoga Shanti Teacher Training Program, Mentor Faculty
Mindful Yoga Therapy for Veterans
Yoga of 12 Step Recovery Leadership Training
Space, Science, and the Future Conference, Yoga Director
Guest Faculty at New York University, FIT, The Omega Institute
What is the format of the online training?
Each live session is on Tuesdays from 8:00 to 9:30 pm ET and recordings of that session are posted later that day in case you cannot attend live. The schedule for the four-week class is:
October 17 – Session One
October 24 – Session Two
October 31 – Session Three
November 7 – Session Four
Class materials, discussions and homework will be posted each week on the Private Facebook group. You are encouraged to attend as many sessions live as possible, but you will also reap the benefits of the class if you listen to the class recordings and do the assignments on your own time.
Will I have one-on-one access to Laura and Laurel?
The course itself provides many opportunities to interact with Laura and Laurel, including the weekly class sessions and the private Facebook group. If you are interested in an additional coaching session with Laura or Laurel for more support, please email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to arrange one-to-one work.
How many hours of work are required to complete the training? Is there homework?
There are four class session, 1.5 hours each, for a total of 6 hour of group class time. To translate the material from theoretical to actionable so you can personalize it to your own situation, we include homework assignments along the way. You should plan for one to two hours a week outside of class, but those assignments can also be completed at your own pace.
Is this approved as Yoga Alliance continuing education?
Yes, the online training program provides 12 non-contact hours for Yoga Alliance continuing education.
Will I receive a certificate upon completing this training?
Yes, you will receive a certificate of completion once you reach the end of the training and have successfully completed the homework assignments.
Do I have to be a yoga teacher to take this training?
No, this information is also applicable to anyone interested in deepening their understanding of yoga and coaching, including yoga teachers. It is relevant to heart-centered entrepreneurs, coaches from other disciplines, leaders looking to serve in a better way, and yoga practitioners who want to expand their impact.
Do I have life-long access to the material I am given as part of the online courses?
Yes, you will be able to access the materials and recordings through a private Facebook Group.
How do I become a Talking Yoga Coach?
Our coaches are all certified yoga teachers, trained in our methodology, the Compassionate Coaching Framework™, and have expertise in a one or more of these areas:
If you are interested in being part of our team, a prerequisite to the application process is to register and fully participate in our online training program, Coaching Skills for Yoga Teachers and Yogis™. After you complete the course you can learn more about our application and selection process by contacting email@example.com.